Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Praise Be to God, Alleluia!

I am giddy. It's not an emotion I experience very often, but this is a special occasion. I received a job offer today.

The interview that I went on that was such a fiasco is the one that resulted in the offer. While I've been a little anxious because I haven't worked since December and have been laid off since the third week of February, I know that it's been a reflection on the economy rather than on me. Since that time I've had exactly two interviews. On the first, I was told afterwards that I was the top candidate. Unfortunately, the position was eliminated. This job was the second interview.

I need to keep my fingers crossed (and my prayers aimed to heaven) despite all of this. Nothing has been signed yet, and even then, jobs can go away. Even when things are settled for me personally, there are still a lot of other people out there looking for work who need prayer. My prayer can now be that I can be a beacon of faith in my new workplace and that I do all I can to help others get jobs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment