Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I have a job interview tomorrow, a prospect which fills me with equal parts joy and terror.

I've prepared as best I can. It's not quite in my field, but it uses many of the same tools and will have the same problems. I know I can do the job. It all depends on my competition and whether the company is willing to spend the time in letting me get up to speed on the job.

It's a good thing that when it comes to heaven, we have no competition. I don't have to fear that the Christian I'm praying beside will get to heaven and I won't because there was only the one opening in my area of expertise. God's love is infinite.

I have prepared for this the best I can. I have read up on the new industry. I have practiced my little stories that exhibit my soft skills (communication, team-building, etc.). Like the early Christians, I just have to trust that when it is time, the Holy Spirit will give me the words to say. On my own, I'm a babbling brook, stammering and grasping for words. With God, I can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment